SUSTAINABILITY AND ENVIRONMENT POLICY
Progressive Group is a producer and importer of filtration equipment. We recognize the expectations of our own staff, suppliers, customers and the community in relation to environmental protection and product quality. We commit to managing our environmental effects and wastes in compliance with our legal obligations.
Furthermore, we will strive to continually improve all our operations. In doing so we are utilizing the continual improvement process chart as shown below in as part of our commitment.
Specifically we commit to:
• Work to achieve the environmental expectations of our staff, customers, suppliers and local community.
• Apply best practice standards for environmental management.
• Improve efficiency of operations to minimise water and raw material use, energy consumption, waste and pollution generation.
• Create awareness among our staff and suppliers of the potential environmental effect of operations with which they are involved, and how they can work towards minimising these environmental effects.
• Continue to conduct regular assessments of the environmental effects of our business to identify potential areas for improvement, and to follow through with programs to achieve these improvements.
The main goals of the sustainability and environment scheme are to:
• Reduce land fill waste
• Reduce our carbon footprint
• Utilize “green” products wherever possible
• Encourage our suppliers to meet the above goals
Achievements to date:
“Step down into smaller shoes”
Progressive is a member of “Grow Me the Money” initiative by the VECCI on environmental sustainability and are members of Landcare Australia.
Progressive Group recently supported the planting of over 3,000 native trees in the North East Victoria.
Around the office and warehouse we are taking measures to reduce our footprint;
• Use lights in the office efficiently. Reviewed which lights were necessary, encouraged the use of natural light to supplement and replace some lighting. We installed skylights in the warehouse which has almost eliminated all artificial lighting in the warehouse
• Encourage our team to turn off their computers or set it to power saving mode when leaving their desk – even if it’s only for a few minutes
• Minimise the use of the air conditioner; only turn the air conditioner when required. We no longer turn the air conditioner on when we first arrive in the morning unless required. We installed windows that can be opened to allow cross ventilation further reducing air conditioner use
• Installed energy saving light bulbs
• Reduce, Reuse Packaging. We reduced the amount of packaging used for product deliveries to the minimum needed to protect products from damage. We encourage the reuse of many materials in repacking. We use durable reusable shipping materials where possible.
• Electronic Communications. Route faxes electronically; maximize the use of e-communications in lieu of paper documents to the extent practicable
• We print double sided where possible
• Printer cartridges – we have a recycle bin for our printer replaceable parts
• All paper and cardboard is recycled through our accredited partner
• Encourage staff to put on another layer rather than turn the heaters on
• We recycle totes, pallets and some packaging material
• Our suppliers use recyclable plastic pallets or recycled chip board pallets which we
recycle as well
• We do not use hazardous material
• We encourage our suppliers to minimize packaging and try and avoid re-packing items
FEATURE FILTRATION PROBLEM
If you have any aroma or taste issues caused by TCA, TBA, TeCA or geosmin then the RONA™ FIBRAFIX can successfully remove the taint whilst
Filter bags are manufactured under strict
quality control standards through our
advanced manufacturing process.
With over three generations of knowledge and skills we have dealt with projects on many different levels. The team consists of people who we believe will be a benefit to any project due to their previous experience and valuable insights they offer from the beginning to the end of any project.
17 Redland Drive,
Mitcham, 3132Victoria, Australia.
Telephone: +6 03 9872 6811
FAX: + 6 03 9872 6822